Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Meeting Mary Roach at "Rochester Reads"

Mary Roach was May's "Rochester Reads" (a community building 'book club' for the city) for her work "Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void." She was as great in person as her voice comes across in her books--funny, informative, and very personable!

I chatted with Mary briefly about "Stiff: The Curious Lives of Cadavers," which is one of my favorite reads this year. As a nurse, I found this book especially compelling. The body is absolutely amazing--but just a pile of water and skin when it really comes down to it.  It's truly the person inside that matters--not the shell we all present to the world. You can read my goodreads review here if you're interested!

"Death. It doesn't have to be boring."


(My signed copy of "Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex")

No comments:

Post a Comment