Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I Keep A Copy of "The Shining" in My Freezer

"Sometimes human places, create inhuman monsters." - Stephen King

Last week I drove from Minnesota to California, and one of the highlights of my road trip was spending a night at the infamous Stanley Hotel, the inspiration behind Stephen King's "The Shining." You can read about King's own visit here.

Although I am a fan of scary stories, I am pretty wimpy in real life, so I was a little nervous about attending the hotel's nightly ghost tour. But who can turn down an opportunity like that? Overall it was incredibly spooky and great fun. I won't spoil the details for those of you who plan on visiting someday.

I was also impressed and amused that the hotel had The Shining playing on a continuous loop on one of their tv channels. As a book nerd, getting to step into a literary giant like this was a dream (or nightmare, as King would probably prefer).



A storm was brewing right before the ghost tour!


Heeeeere's Dani!

No comments:

Post a Comment